Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Day #20 Worst heart break

20)   Describe your most difficult breakup and what you learned from it.

To have a breakup, you would have technically had to date someone. I've never dated anyone. But I've had my heart broken twice. The first break hurt. I cried, got angry, lived in denial, then I accepted it for what it was and what it wasn't.

The second heart break was the worst. I think that it hurt worst because he was my best friend. He helped me through the first heart break and was constant in my life. I relied on him and he relied on me. We talked about our dreams, our fears, the scars that made us who we are. I didn't realize what he meant to me until he wasn't there anymore. When I realized what he meant to me, that's when it hurt the worst. It took me 7 years to realize what he meant to me. And three to see it for what it was and what it wasn't.

I know now that those people aren't who God has meant for me. They were a chapter in my life that taught me many things. I thank God for the friendships, that laughter, the lessons and the heart breaks. They all served a purpose in my life. And for that, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment