Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Does what I feel matter?

This past month has been difficult. Well, really this whole year. I have made it through some trying times. I've found out a lot about myself and learned to deal with it. I've grown closer in my relationship with God and become a more self reliant woman. But does what I feel matter?

I haven't been the easiest person to be around at times. I admit it. But I am working on my flaws every day.

The other night a family member asked me what I was talking about. So I began to tell them. Now if you know me, I am a to the point kind of person. I like to condense information down to what's important. So, about halfway through telling this family member what about the troubles of my day that I tried to keep to myself, another family member interrupted and turned the tv volume up to 40 signaling me to shut up. By this point, I was ignored and in tears. I couldn't help but think "Why did you ask, if you didn't care?".

I tend to keep things bottled up inside. With so much other things going on in the lives of those around me, I try to work through my problems on my own. So it is rare for me to open up about what is going on in my mind.

While wallowing in my hurt feelings, the thought crossed my mind, "Is that how God feels? Does He want to tune me out when I am bringing my troubles to Him?". If my earthly family feels that way at times, does my Heavenly Father feel that way too? Just as soon as the question crossed my mind, God reassured me with His love and patience. He reminded me that my troubles are His troubles and what worries and hurts me is important to Him.

I know that we all make mistakes and have bad days. I know that I've had my share. I just pray that we all take time to listen to what each other is really saying and feeling. It might not interest you or you might not even want to waste your time, but to the other person, just knowing that someone is there makes all of the difference. God is always there for us when we need Him and even at times when we think that we are just fine. Sometimes God answers our prayers by speaking to us and sometimes He answers them by nudging someone to listen and be there for someone else. And sometimes He sends a little one year old to smile at you and say "Hug?".

No comments:

Post a Comment