Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Are you charged up?

Right now there is a good chance that you are reading this from your phone or tablet. Look at the percentage of battery left. Do you need to charge your device? Or do you have enough of a charge to get you through the day ahead of you?
It just occurred to me that our relationship with God is like that.

A few years ago when I started driving on my own, I realized that I had left my phone at home. Panic set in and I realized that I was pretty much alone. No phone to connect me to anyone or anything. What would I do if an emergency came up? I wondered if OnStar in the car would work if needed.

What I didn't realize at the time is that I wasn't alone. God was with me as He is always with everyone of us. If an emergency were to happen, I know that God would help direct the steps of all involved.

Tonight I read about being 'plugged in' to God. Of course my mind starts thinking of me being like a phone and Him being the power source. We need His charge to get through the day. I myself find joy and security in seeing my phones battery percentage being at 100%. Sometimes things happen throughout the day that cause me to use more of the stored energy than I had originally planned. When I see I only have 1% left, I know that the battery is almost completely gone and the light is about the go out and my phone will no longer be of use until it can recharge. Aren't we the same?

We are like that smart phone; full of resources and unlimited possibilities. God is our power source. The only source from which we gain strength. If we neglect charging our spirit with Him, then we become drained and our lights can't shine as bright. If we can be disciplined in charging our phones when the battery gets low, then we can be disciplined in charging our spirit just the same.

God is our strength and power source. His word gives us energy and light. We are instruments that He can use every day if we charge our battery up with Him. As long as we hold charge, we are full of resources, connections, unlimited possibilities and light that God can use for good.

If an emergency happened and someone needed your phone's resources to contact help, would it have enough charge for them to get the help they need and possibly save a life? The more charge (God's word) that you have, the more God can use that charge for you to be a light in the darkness and an instrument for good.

“I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” -Philippians 4:13

13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe. (1 Thessalonians 2:13 KJV)

“And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.”
John 6:35 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment